Protecting Women's Privacy in Florida
On November 6, pro-choice Florida voters will get to do more than vote to re-elect President Obama and pro-choice members of Congress: they'll have the opportunity to say "no" to a dangerous anti-choice ballot measure.
Amendment 6 would let politicians interfere with a woman's right to make decisions about her reproductive health.
If passed, Amendment 6 could put a woman's health in danger.
- Amendment 6 would amend the Florida constitution to prohibit insurance coverage of abortion services in state health-benefits plans, many of which currently include abortion coverage.
- Amendment 6 also would dramatically expand the Florida legislature's power to make anti-choice laws in the state even worse, taking away all protections in Florida's constitution that currently guarantee women the right to privacy.
- Amendment 6 makes no exceptions for a woman's health - even if she is battling a serious illness like cancer.
- It may make it impossible for a woman and her family to access the medical care she needs if she faces a pregnancy with a severe fetal abnormality.
- It could take away the health care that teachers, police officers, firefighters, nurses, and many students currently have access to.
Our staff got the chance to work on the ground with No on 6, the campaign fighting to stop this dangerous ballot measure. NARAL Pro-Choice America is proud to help defeat it!
If you live in Florida, vote NO on Amendment 6 on November 6. Don't give politicians sweeping authority to make it harder for women to access the health care their families count on.