Anti-Choice Mitt Romney Lies Again in New Ad
Did you hear Mitt Romney lie about contraception during this week's presidential debate?
Romney's lies don't stop there. The next day, Romney's campaign released an ad that claims he's moderate on abortion and birth control.
Come on, Mitt, really? You think we're buying this?
Mitt Romney has a lot of explaining to do because the list of his anti-choice threats is longer than Felix Baumgartner's jump from space.
- He vows to eliminate Obamacare, and with it, the no-cost birth-control policy.
- Romney wants to let bosses deny their employees a health-care plan that covers birth control.
- He threatens to defund Planned Parenthood and said, "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that." This plan would cut off access to birth control and breast-cancer screenings for millions of women.
- Romney threatened to cancel Title X family-planning programs, which provide essential health care to millions of low-income women.
- Romney supports policies that would outlaw abortion in almost all cases, even in cases of rape, incest or when a woman's health is in danger.
- Romney promised to appoint Supreme Court justices that would support overturning Roe v. Wade.
We're not going to let Romney get away with lying to women and their families.
Right now, our own ad that tells voters the truth about Mitt Romney's anti-choice agenda is running in Florida, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
We know that when voters learn the truth about Mitt Romney's anti-choice position, they'll be that much more likely to vote for our pro-choice president, Barack Obama.
This is why we're making a huge effort to reach "Obama defectors," pro-choice women who voted for President Obama in 2008 but are not yet committed to voting for him again. Clearly, these are the very same women who Romney is trying to reach.
This election is more important than ever. We don't want a president who lies about supporting the right to choose, but then turns around and promises to defund Planned Parenthood.
That's why we're heading to the polls on November 6 to re-elect our pro-choice champion, President Barack Obama!
Paid for by NARAL Pro-Choice America, www.ProChoiceAmerica.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.