Updated List of Vigils for Dr. George Tiller: Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Thank you to all of you that sent me information about yesterday's vigils... it was incredibly helpful, and I know that a lot of people used this link as a resource to find events in their town.
With that in mind, I wanted to update yesterday's list with vigils happening tonight and through the rest of the week. As always, please be sure to let us know of events that you know of but don't see on our list. You can email us or leave it in the comments below. Thanks!
- Atlanta, GA: 7-8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Woodruff Park
- Columbia, MO: 7-8 p.m. on Tuesday, Peace Park: Elm & 6th
- Greensboro, NC: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, the corner of N. Elm and W. Bessemer streets (in front of 917 N. Elm)
- Minneapolis, MN: 9-9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Loring Park (bring a candle)
- Ottawa, Ontario: 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Human Rights Monument at Eglin & Lisgar
- Hayward, CA: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Wednesday, a memorial will be set up at the Cal State University campus: 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd. People are welcome to come bring balloons, poems, photos, rocks, candles, etc.
- Northampton, MA: 7 p.m. on Wednesday, First Churches: 129 Main Street
- Worcester, MA: 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester: 90 Holden Street, Worcester
- Philadelphia, PA: 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Love Park, brief candlelight ceremony, sponsored by the Greater Philadelphia Women's Medical Fund.
- Columbus, OH: 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Broad Street Methodist Church, 501 East Broad Street, Columbus 43215
- Concord, NH: 5 p.m. on Thursday, statehouse grounds in Concord, NH. For more information, call NARAL Pro-Choice New Hampshire at 603-228-1224.
- Cleveland, OH: 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Pilgrim Congregational Church: 2592 West 14th Street (in Tremont), Cleveland, OH 44113
- Bangor, ME: 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Grace United Methodist Church on Union Street, Due to the short notice and lack of planning time, we ask that you consider BYOC -- "Bring Your Own Candle." A limited supply of vigil candles will be distributed.
- Austin, TX: 8 p.m. on Thursday, The Hill at Butler Park: 903 W Riverside Dr, Austin, TX, Located between Riverside Drive and Barton Springs. Immediately west of Palmer Events Center.
- Ithaca, NY: 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday, in the middle pavillion on the Commons. For more information, call Planned Parenthood at 607-796-0220, extension 201.
- Manhattan, KS: 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Triangle Park in Aggieville, corner of North Manhattan and Anderson Avenue.
Springfield, MO: 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Victims Memorial Garden at Phelps Grove Park: 920 E Bennett, Springfield, MO 65807. Email Crystal w/ questions or call 417-883-3800 ext 809.
San Francisco, CA: 5-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, at the steps of San Francisco City Hall, Polk & McAllister. Bring signs, your voice, your sorrow and outrage.
** All times are local times.